My friend Katie over at The Amateur Librarian nominated me for a Liebster award!
How cool is that!?!
Now I get to answer some fun questions and pass the Liebster along to more of my bloggy friends (if I can find a couple that haven’t already gotten it!). So here are the rules:
1. Provide a link and thank the blogger who nominated you for this award.
2. Answer 10 questions.
3. Choose 10-12 blogs that you find a joy to read.
4. Provide links to these blogs and kindly let the recipients know that they have been chosen.
5. Include the award logo within your blog post.
One–Thanks Katie! Go check out The Amateur Librarian, where you’ll find lots of fun posts about her adventures in San Francisco with her husband Sam and their two wonderfully photogenic cats!
- What prompted you to start your blog? I had a Xanga back in the day, then as I grew up, I started reading the “big girl” blogs and decided that I kind of wanted one of my own. I enjoy writing for fun, and wanted a way to document our random life, and share it with friends and family. It’s fun
- Do you have a favorite book from all that you have read? Oh my goodness…of all that I have read?? You may not know this about me, but I have read a LOT of books in my time. Between being an avid reader since I was about 3 years old and majoring in English in college, I don’t know if I can pick just one book. Jane Eyre is definitely on the list, as is Mere Christianity…and The Giver…I could go on for a while, so I’ll stop there for now. Maybe I’ll do a separate post on my favorite books one day.
- If someone would write a book upon your life, it would be named ______. Why? I have absolutely no idea. Maybe Crossing Bridges? I really don’t know!! What do you think?
- Who was the last person who made you laugh and what did they do? That would be Charles; he tickled me when all I wanted was a hug!
- What is your favorite genre of music? I don’t have a favorite genre, but I definitely don’t tend to like modern poppy stuff. I’m a huge fan of old Motown and R&B hits, gospel, praise & worship music, jazz, showtunes…and I love some throwback 90′s hits every now and then!
- What are you presently writing? My blog! I’m also putting together a how-to manual for the children’s registration desk at church, so I guess that counts.
- What is your favorite thing to eat? PASTA. Pasta with tomato-based sauce, pasta with cream-based sauce, pasta with garlic-based sauce, pasta with cheese-based sauce, the list goes on! Just give me all your pasta, and give it to me now! (Note that this is not conducive to maintaining a narrow waist or small hips.)
- How many blogs do you read a day? I like to skim random blogs all the time, but I only read 5 or 6 every single day. And I don’t use a feed reader; I’ve just never gotten into them. I like looking at the websites.
- Do you own a webcam? Um…does anyone actually own a separate webcam anymore? I have one, but it’s built into my laptop. Not that I’ve ever used it. I did own one in college for a bit, when Charles & I were going to different schools; that was before Skype was popular, and we used to play Yahoo! Pool against each other and talk via the webcams.
- What is your favorite joke? (don’t judge me–this is cheesy!)
Why did the chicken cross the road? [I dunno] To get to your house.
Knock knock. [Who's there?] The chicken, of course!
Three–Ok, so 10-12 isn’t going to happen, especially since Katie and I read some of the same blogs! How about this–how about you take a look at my blog roll up and to the right on the sidebar, click on a few of those links, and show them some love!
Well that was fun! Maybe you even learned something new about me. If you have any blogs you’d suggest I read, leave me the link(s) in the comments!
P.S. I’m going to be playing around with a couple of other themes for the blog, so don’t let any random changes disturb you. I promise I’m not going anywhere!